The Animal Medical Centre Amsterdam (“ Medisch Centrum voor Dieren”) is looking for a Veterinary dermatologist.
The Animal Medical Centre is the largest private emergency and referral hospital in the Netherlands. Our aim is to improve the quality of life of pet animals by offering specialist, emergency and critical care services, 24 hours a day, 7 days per week. The hospital is currently staffed with 11 specialists and 6 residents in training for 3 different specialties, 25 veterinarians and 70 veterinary technicians.
We are housed in a in a new modern building (2010, 1800 square feet), and supplied with all the modern equipment for diagnosis (including CT and MRI) and treatment in small animal medicine. The hospital is located in Amsterdam, the colorful, creative and dynamic capital of the Netherlands.
Our dermatology team consists of 2 dermatologists and 4 dedicated dermatology nurses. Together they treat approximately 2000 -2100 dermatology patients per year, with allergy and otitis as special areas of interest. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated colleague to join this dynamic team.
We are looking for someone who
- Is board-certified (ECVD) as a Specialist in veterinary dermatology or has completed a residency in dermatology.
- Is quality-oriented and works according to on evidence-based medicine.
- Is willing to learn to speak and write Dutch.
- Has a good command of the English language.
- Is flexible, disciplined, straightforward and has good communication skills.
- Is open to training a dermatology resident.
- A challenging job in an open, professional and collegial working environment.
- The opportunity to be part of a large, modern and multidisciplinary medical centre for companion animals.
- A wide range of interesting dermatology cases that will offer the opportunity to develop your skills.
- A highly varied clientele, a large part of which has an international background.
- Excellent payment and working conditions.
- A job for 32 hours/week.