We are looking for a Learning and Development Specialist to join our exciting journey in shaping the future of veterinary care. The successful candidate will be an integral part in forming how we attract, retain and become the employer of choice in the Netherlands and Belgium.
AniCura is a family of well-known animal hospitals and clinics specialized in veterinary care for companion animals. AniCura provides modern, high-quality veterinary care for pets at over 400 European locations and creates peace of mind for pet owners through excellent access and patient safety. Every year, AniCura’s 8,000 passionate veterinary professionals attend to three million companion animal patients.
Since 2018, AniCura is part of Mars Veterinary Health, a family-owned company focused on veterinary care.
About the vacancy
The learning and development specialist designs, conducts, and organizes training programs focused on veterinary and personal development to improve employee & clinic performance and ensure organizational productivity. These initiatives are aligned with the overall company goals and future direction.
This role is unique as it is both operational and strategic and you will be able to take part in creating and setting up the Learning & Development function in the Netherlands (80%) and Belgium (20%).
You will build a plan on how to educate and retain talents off AniCura across the Netherlands and Belgium. You will setup an attractive and engaging way to offer learnings for our colleagues which will contribute to a great learning experience. The veterinary care industry is made up of many external stakeholders like university, schools, associations and other important industry stakeholders, it's therefore important that you enjoy external networking and building relationships.
This role will report to the Cluster P&O Director BeNeFra. The role is full-time and will be based in the Netherlands with occasional travel to Belgium.
Your responsibility as an L&D Specialist:
- (Re)design and implementation of veterinary and personal development training programs, including occasionally the delivery and facilitation of those programs. All this with good perception of the needs of the local needs (country and practices)
- Being a learning and development program specialist also involves the creation of content for various types of training. Think for instance of participant materials, videos, practical exercises, and interactive eLearning.
- Assist in the development, implementation, promotion, and maintenance of AniCura-wide learning programs aligned to competencies, key strategies, and culture change agenda.
- Delivers and facilitates training sessions (virtual and in person), workshops, etc. to associates and managers as may be required. Contributes to the development various learning materials including presentations, guides, job aids, etc. as needed.
- Assists in the maintenance of current programs (e.g., mentoring) and makes recommendations for improvement. Coordinates the delivery of AniCura-wide development programs. Coordinates with P&O colleagues to support the development of learning opportunities
- Working closely with regional management and connecting with Group L&D.
- Reading and understanding the conditions on the working floor and proactively organize that Continuous Education will make life easier for nurses and vets
- Connecting to the Quality Management System to assure that Quality is max supported by the L&D program
- Liaising with the marketing department for the best employer branding and PR regarding Continuous Education
- Cooperating with procurement to coordinate education regarding new equipment and introduction of pharma, consumables and disposables, following the principle: ”first to know, first to use”
- External and internal networking to build relationships with possible trainers, potential sponsors and educational organizations.
Key stakeholders: Cluster P&O Director BeNeFra, Group L&D, Cluster P&O Managers, P&O admin, Quality manager BeNeFra, Country Medical managers and Heads of Operations NL and Belgium.
You as L&D Specialist
- University degree (DVM, Master in Veterinary Science) or similar within any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in a relevant position f.e. position in veterinary industry in close contact in practices and responsible for marketing activities (knowing the cliënt).
- Some years of working experience in a small animal clinic
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficiency in eLearning, in-depth knowledge of various learning management systems and project management or the will to learn and implement these systems
- Strong ability to translate development needs into concrete programs and trainings that are effective both in terms of content and form including time management
- Key characteristics: Outgoing personality, inspirator, creative, team player, initiator, passionate to make the veterinary profession a better place in the (near)future
- Fluent in Dutch and English
Interested in this vacancy?
If you believe that this is your next step in your career, please apply today by submitting your CV and cover letter. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact Leonie Blok (Cluster P&O Director) email@example.com or Hanneke Smith (Cluster Talent Acquisition Teamlead) firstname.lastname@example.org