The training center (Medisch Centrum voor Dieren Amsterdam) is one of largest small animal hospitals in the Netherlands. The hospital is part of the AniCura group. The AniCura group consists of over 200 clinics in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland and Austria. Across AniCura, with many specialists working in different fields, sharing resources creates opportunities for better veterinary care and education.
The diagnostic imaging team of Medisch Centrum voor Dieren, consists of two specialists Diagnostic Imaging (Dip ECVDI), one ECVDI resident, one board eligible resident and four dedicated Imaging Nurses. The team provides imaging support for all the departments of the hospital.
Imaging facilities and Equipment:
- Philips DR Optimus CXA 50
- Esaote MyLab 8 Ultrasound
- Esaote MyLab ClassC Ultrasound
- Esaote MyLab Alpha Ultrasound
- Philips Brilliance 64 slice CT
- Esaote Vet MR 0,23T —> At the end of 2023 our machine will be replaced by a high-field (1.5T) MR-scanner
This clinical training position is designed to prepare the candidate for an ECVDI residency.
- Must be a graduate from a veterinary school that has been approved by the European Association of Veterinary Education Establishments
- Satisfactory moral and ethical standing in the profession and in the community is a requirement.
- The applicant must have a strong ambition to eventually apply for, and participate in, an ECVDI residency program.
- Fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English is essential.
We are looking for a team player who enjoys working in a dynamic environment with a high clinical caseload. High intercollegial communication skills, both within our radiology team as with other departments in our clinic, as well as with our referring veterinairians, is expected, in order to contribute to a positive working atmosphere.
The starting date is in Q4 2023 (or by agreement)!
Do you recognize yourself in the description above? Please apply directly by clicking on the button below and upload your CV! We look forward to it!